If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (808) 235-5015

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire in Kahuku?

4/14/2021 (Permalink)

A candle is shown burning in a room. We are leaders in fire restoration in Honolulu County.

Candle Safety Tips

According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), between 2014 and 2018, United States fire departments responded to over 7610 fires started by candles. SERVPRO® of Kailua responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Kahuku, and we witness firsthand the damage even a small fire can cause. Here are some candle safety tips from the NFPA:

  • Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed
  • Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep
  • Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn
  • Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
  • Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
  • Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.

Call Us Today!

SERVPRO® of Kailua has a team of highly trained fire restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to mitigate fire damage in Kahuku. Call us today at 808-235-5015. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”

SERVPRO of Kailua is Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts