Wind-damaged Roof in Kailua?
Aloha. Do you know that SERVPRO® of Kailua has a team of technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies? Storms can damage roofs, so it is a good idea to inspect your roof for damage after a storm. Here are some tips from State Farm Insurance for protecting your roof from wind damage:
- Strong winds can cause shingles to peel off, especially if edge shingles are not well secured or the adhesive on their tabs has failed
- A roofing professional can evaluate your roof, and if needed, additional roofing cement can be added under each tab to help keep the shingles attached during a high-wind event
- The shingles should be attached to roof decking of solid 5/8-inch-thick plywood
- The roof decking should be attached to the roof framing using eight diameter ring shank nails and a secondary water barrier created by installing self-adhering flashing tape over the joints in the roof deck
- For greater resistance to wind uplift, apply a bead of construction adhesive along both sides of the intersection between the roof decking and the rafters or trusses. Your roofing professional can provide you with information about additional safeguards.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Kailua is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-235-5015. We’ll restore your storm damage in Kailua, “Like it never even happened.” Mahalo.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.