This was the aftermath of a toilet overflow. The home was left locked up with no air flow and no one was there to clean the over flow. Indoor mold is a common concern in Hawaii as Hawaii's climate is a perfect environment for mold. Over growth of indoor mold can occur for many reasons, the most typical setting we find an over growth of mold is in homes that have been unoccupied for a length of time. The main reason for this is because of the lack of air movement in the home. When a home or business owner’s leave their property it is usually left lock up, window closed tight, and AC turned off. With our humid and moderate temperatures here in Hawaii a home without air movement can be a mold haven, a perfect place for it to grow undisturbed.