How Can I Prevent a Party Light Fire in Laie?
Aloha! Do you know that electrical fires are one of the top causes of fires? Our local team in Kailua wants Laie locals to be safe around outdoor electricity and offer these tips for staying safe around electrical equipment and powerlines.
Have a professional tree cutting service trim branches that might fall on electric wiring. Use a wooden or fiberglass ladder outside. Keep the ladder at least 10 feet away from power lines. Never touch anyone or anything in contact with a downed wire. Power lines may be live; stay a safe distance away. Report downed wires to authorities right away.
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electric shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electric tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace damaged cords right away.
- Use extension cords listed by a qualified test laboratory and marked for outdoor use. Extension cords are not meant for long-term use.
Call Us Today!
Fire damage can happen at any time. When your home or commercial business in Laie has fire damage, our team in Kailua is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-235-5015. Mahalo.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.